Dear Evan Hansen

Discussion in 'Comedy & Tragedy' started by Cash4Trash, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Cooper

Cooper Administrator

Tony nominations will be announced on May 2nd... Ben Platt, star of Dear Evan Hansen, is someone I'd expect to be nominated as Best actor in a Musical. He's the reason for seeing this amazing show.

[​IMG]

2. I hope Ben and the show at least gets a nomination. Very talented kid.

I'm hoping Bette wins best actress for Hello Dolly, she deserves it and Hello Dolly deserves best musical

3. N13

N13 Baron

Saw this last night. Great seats (4th row on the center aisle). Blown away. Ben's first number "Waving Through a Window" had me and most of the rest of the audience in tears. A huge ovation at the end of the song.
    I put it in the same category as "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nightime." A marginal notch below, but overwhelmingly one of the best shows I have seen. I will be amazed if it does not win the Tony for Best Musical. If it doesn't it will only solidify my belief that "Best" musical is political (with "Fun Home" being an example of a show that should not have been nominated, much less been the winner! or like "Two Gentlemen of Verona" beating out "Follies" for the top honor.) The same goes for Ben Platt's performance. One of the best musical performances I have ever seen - and being near my dotage, I have seen a lot. As one who normally gets upset at unearned standing ovations, I led the pack last night!

Marlfox and Cooper like this.