deleting mail from inbox

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by jjkrkwood, Apr 2, 2016.

1. jjkrkwood

jjkrkwood Regent

Can someone please advise me how to delete mail from my inbox, especially if the person has now been put on "ignore" I can seem to get rid of it, and my inbox icon is still showing 1 unread message , which i dont care to view...

Thanks

2. Dominiking

Dominiking Viscount

i don't know but maybe try taking the person off ignore should allow you to delete the message. Then try deleting the message, once its deleted you can proceed to put him on ignore again, hope it works

3. bigvalboy

bigvalboy Regent

Click on your inbox icon
    click on 'show all' ...Your PM's will appear
    click on the box next to the title of the first conversation
    A drop box will appear
    click on 'other actions'
    Click on 'leave conversations'
    select 'all' or click on the box next to the conversation you want deleted
    click 'Go'

It should work...and FWIW You can report a PM to admin. The same rules that apply on the forum apply to private messages. You are right, it's pretty cowardly to throw racists comments at someone behind closed doors. Sorry that this happened to you. You have made a valid argument, and whether or not people agree, there are proper ways to talk to other members.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  4. jjkrkwood

jjkrkwood Regent

Thanks Dom and BVB for your fast reply. Dom, I tried your method first but it didnt work. BVB's instructions worked like a charm... Thank you guys... I got rid of that Troll !

I am indebted to you both,
    alyn

5. sync

sync Count

BVB,
    I'm late to the party, but many thanks for the step-by-step instructions. :)