Did Drumpf grab'm by the pussy after golden shower?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion & War Issues' started by Oaktown, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Oaktown

Oaktown Viscount

marylander1940 likes this.
  2. pitman

pitman Lord

Message to PEOTUS: Urine our thoughts and prayers.

3. jjkrkwood

jjkrkwood Regent

4. deej

deej Administrator

Seen on Twitter earlier today:

"I just had to explain golden showers to my 72 year old mother."

TruHart1, MsGuy and Oaktown like this.
  5. AdamSmith

AdamSmith Count de Crisco

pubic_assistance likes this.
  6. deej

deej Administrator

No media outlet has verified the report. Many have even said as much.

Apparently this has been a thing the media has been whispering about for weeks but nobody would report because nobody could source it.

7. Memories... May 2-3, 2016

On the surface, this is an unrelated story that has nothing to do with BuzzFeed. Then again, is it relevant?

Yesterday's news is covered here on the Leftie Network, Young Turks, but I am using it for the excellent footage of Trump here bringing up Hitler and then getting angry at CNN as equally as BuzzFeed.

bigvalboy likes this.
  8. bigvalboy

bigvalboy Regent

The hypocrisy is mind boggling.

longtime lurker likes this.
  9. bigjoey

bigjoey Marquess

We have lived to see the end of "The Press" as it has traditionally been known. The 24/7 news cycle and the internet let everything out, true or not, only to be continually amplified in feedback loops.

Once upon a time, in the not so far distant past, "The Press" showed some self control and differentiated the truth from the false and the important from the not important. For example, it is now known that "The Press" knew of JFK's philandering but kept silent on it because it was of little importance and JFK was able to remain a respected president. Today, "The Press" shows no such reverence for not only the office of the presidency but any office. There seems to be no self-censorship to separate out false from true or important from not important; there seems to be a rush to expose everything for fear of being left behind. Things are moving too fast for a pause for contemplation before action taken.

To be clear, Trump bears responsibility for adding fuel to the fire with instant Tweets of his instant, unfiltered thoughts. Just a few weeks ago, Senator Schumer warned that we can not afford a Tweeting presidency BUT while Trump was speaking, NPR was reading into pauses Senator Schumer's Tweets of his instant, unfiltered thoughts. If this is the "new normal," I feel sad and want to return to more civil times where things moved slower and contemplation was given before action taken.

10. jjkrkwood

jjkrkwood Regent

Well the Press is just following the social media "lead"... If the everyday man can post every minute detail of his life on social media, letting us know everytime he took a dump or ate a Burrito, then the Press can certainly do the same in their reporting. Should the reporting be a bit more discriminating though ? Perhaps, but people seem to crave NEWS, any news, and personally i like transparency. now I really am not interested in my next door neighbors shit, but for public figures and celebrities I'm all ears and want to hear what the Press
    has, good, bad & ugly.... I am a big girl and can decide for myself what I do and do not believe. But I think its the JOB and responsibility of the PRESS to "report".. It may not always be positive and flattering, or good for ones image, but the subject then has the right, just as we have seen with TRUMP, to claim its FAKE, a smear campaign and being done by NASTY people that are out to hurt him. How many times has he done the very SAME thing to others ? Turnaround is FAIR play. To the Press: KEEP REPORTING GUYS...it helps us stay informed and entertained. Dont hold anything back... we can take it, while its obvious Mr Trump CANT !

11. bigjoey

bigjoey Marquess

By your standards, it was OK to not only report the "birther" nonsense but to keep reporting it over and over. Yes, Trump is responsible for the lowering of our standards but that does not make it right. Kindergarten kids often say: "But he did it first." For adults, that is not an acceptable answer to me as an excuse for poor behavior.

12. MiamiLooker

MiamiLooker Count

If they knew their activities were subject to public knowledge, perhaps JFK and RFK would have thought twice about f*cking an emotionally unstable actress. Do you think the decision to not report on their philandering ways could have possibly contributed to Marilyn Monroe’s death?

bigvalboy, WilliamM and AdamSmith like this.
  13. Phil_musc

Phil_musc Count

To the Press: KEEP REPORTING GUYS...it helps us stay informed and entertained. Dont hold anything back... we can take it, while its obvious Mr Trump CANT !

While I think agree with most everything in this posting by our illustrious JJ, I am bothered by the idea that news is entertaining. This thinking has become pervasive in America. When TV news started paying attention to ratings rather than reporting is when somethings in our country died. This past election is a logical outcome of this kind of philosophy.

MiamiL, that comment about Marilyn Monroe is simply asinine. Next you'll be saying that she had the affair with JFK for the publicity and the fact that it wasn't reported pushed her over the edge. Huh?

14. bigjoey

bigjoey Marquess

We will never know. (for the record, I believe they sort of "passed her around" not only between the brothers but friends like Peter Lawford; yes, their behavior was not good in regards to MM).

What ever happened to the "right for privacy" that the Supreme Court declared we have emanating from the penumbras of our Constitution? Yes, I will grant you that "public figures" have less of a "right to privacy" than us ordinary folks but there are still boundaries in my opinion.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  15. bigjoey

bigjoey Marquess

Once upon a time, the newspapers had clearly defined sections for "news," "opinions/editorials," and "entertainment." The blending of these into one only will lead to cynicism and distrust about ALL "news."

16. jjkrkwood

jjkrkwood Regent

I didnt say news IS entertaining, but I do think it CAN be. Depending on the story, its subjects and the source, news is often entertaining, and other times not so much. It mirrors life...
    "You take the good, you take the bad, and there you have the Facts of Life. "

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  17. Note how Obama pretty much allowed Trump to carry on his "birther" rants. Then, after providing positive proof to the contrary, he waited patiently until Trump was in the audience of one of his press conferences so that he could cheekily reference it. According to a PBS Front Line biopic on him, that moment planted the seed for Trump's vengeance against Obama and to succeed him as president.

Then again, the less confident you are that a news story is "fake", the angrier you are against innocent bystanders like the CNN reporter. Uh hmmm...

I do agree with many comments here about our right to privacy even when we are famous. Sadly most of the Republicans (and, yes, some Democrats) have a desire to "bug" us all in the name of national security, so privacy may not exist for long. When Mister Clinton faced impeachment because of his private affair (did we really care and need details?), that was the official start of our new era of No Privacy, even before the 9-11 attacks decreased it.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  18. MiamiLooker

MiamiLooker Count

Given advances in technology (computer hacking, drones, recording devices, cameras, etc), whether used legally or not, do we still have an expectation of privacy? If I were a prominent government official (or other public figure, for that matter), I wouldn’t expect anything I do or say to remain private. Erin Andrews may have won her civil lawsuit, but her expectation of privacy has been changed forever.

19. bigjoey

bigjoey Marquess

Sadly, you are most likely correct.

20. bigjoey

bigjoey Marquess

Clinton did not face impeachment because of his "private affair" but because of perjury, a criminal offense. His "private affair" only came to light during a civil trial by Paula Jones on sexual harassment by her employer (which Clinton settled by paying her $800,000); the "private affair" came to light to show Clinton's behavior toward Jones was part of a pattern of his behavior toward females who worked for him. Such evidence is common in sexual harassment cases in establishing the defendant's behavior was not an isolated case but just "business-as-usual."