Guess We're Getting a (Trade) War With China Whether We Wanted It or Not

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion & War Issues' started by quoththeraven, Dec 2, 2016.

1. WilliamM

WilliamM Regent

"tinpot communist dictators" China? Have you spent any time in Asia, or even Australia or New Zealand? I have, not always at my choice

Sadly, You are the one who does not get it.

latbear4blk likes this.
  2. BOZO T CLOWN

BOZO T CLOWN Count

From the "liberal" Human Rights Watch 2016 Report on China:

"China remains an authoritarian state, one that systematically curtails a wide range of fundamental human rights, including freedom of expression, association, assembly, and religion.. — the trend for human rights under President Xi Jinping continued in a decidedly negative direction."

"Senior Chinese leaders, perceiving a threat to their power, now explicitly reject the universality of human rights, characterizing these ideas as “foreign infiltration,” and penalizing those who promote them. Freedoms of expression and religion, already limited, were hit particularly hard in 2015 by several restrictive new measures."

"The Chinese government tightly restricts freedom of expression through censorship and punishments. While the Internet has offered a marginally freer space, the government censors politically unacceptable information through means such as the “Great Firewall.”

https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2016/country-chapters/china-and-tibet

I REPEAT: China is run by unelected tinpot dictators who brutally repress all forms of dissent and freedoms of expression.
    Nice to know that you defend such policies.

America Will Be Great Again
    47 days to go

Bozo

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  3. WilliamM

WilliamM Regent

@BOZO T CLOWN I am certainly not defending China's policies in any way.

I spent a year in Vietnam in the Army in 1968-69. I have also been in Hong Kong, Japan as well many week in Australia.

China's military power dominates Asia and indirectly Australia.

Above I mentioned representing Vietnam in a day-long war game. Every move that the Vietnam representatives (me and three others) was dominated by China's possible reaction.

I blame President Tsai Ing-wen of Taiwan far more than President-Elect Trump

marylander1940 likes this.
  4. Lookin

Lookin "Bestower of Forgiveness"

[​IMG]
    Forty-two bucks for a goddam car seat??
    Hell, Petunia, you're ridin' in the trunk!

quoththeraven, MsGuy and latbear4blk like this.
  5. pitman

pitman Baron

Gee, I always thought of rice as a staple food and source of many nutrients, especially brown rice. When did it become an infestation?

6. WilliamM

WilliamM Regent

Given Bozo's lack of knowledge of China, I assume he meant ice infested country.:rolleyes:

7. pitman

pitman Baron

However we will continue to cower to the whims and will of the tinpot head-chopping dictators known as the Saudi Royal Family, who not only deny their citizens basic human rights, but are the source of both Al Qaeda and ISIS. Do you really think China's record on human rights determines our policy towards them?

WilliamM likes this.
  8. Oaktown

Oaktown Viscount

As Keith Olbermann says, "We've elected a shitty businessman.":

9. and so is Putin's Russia, Trumps BFF!

10. 'Unpresidented' Trump tweet on China sets off deluge of mockery

AFP 2 hours 10 minutes ago

US President-elect Donald Trump got plenty of attention -- but not the kind he was looking for -- after a tweet calling out China for its seizure of an unmanned US naval probe.

"China steals United States Navy research drone in international waters -- rips it out of water and takes it to China in unpresidented (sic) act," the real estate magnate wrote on his favorite platform.

"Unpresidented" quickly became a top trending topic on Twitter in the United States, as online wags savaged the incoming president for the unfortunate misspelling.

"TrumpSpellCheck -- Unpresidentedly effective," tweeted "Harry Potter" author JK Rowling.

"Dear world, most Americans really wish we could be #unpresidented," another user wrote.

Even dictionary Merriam-Webster weighed in.

"The #WordOfTheDay is... not 'unpresidented'. We don't enter that word. That's a new one," it tweeted.

Trump deleted his tweet after about an hour, replacing it with one correctly using the word "unprecedented."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/unpresidented-trump-tweet-china-sets-off-deluge-mockery-143005389.html

quoththeraven likes this.
  11. bostonman

bostonman Count

Oh, but he's got such a good brain, and he's the best speller, believe me.

12. He's YUGE spelling...