Hatred On the March

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion & War Issues' started by Whitman, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Whitman

Whitman Lord

Go ahead, Trump defenders, try to persuade yourselves that the The Great Divider bears no responsibility for this, that his words and actions haven't empowered/enabled/emboldened/encouraged (choose one or more) this hideousness.

Or if you are as gifted a Liar and Denier as Trump, maybe you think those were libtard, snowflake Clinton voters on the march.

Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally

CNN August 12 - Alt-right activists held torches and marched late Friday through the University of Virginia campus in Charlottesville.

Chanting "blood and soil" and "one people, one nation, end immigration," the group rallied around a statue of Thomas Jefferson before they clashed with counterprotesters, CNN affiliate WWBT reported.

The march came hours before a Saturday rally that police anticipate will attract as many as 2,000 to 6,000 people, in an event that could be the "largest hate-gathering of its kind in decades in the United States," as described by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Before the group left the university's grounds when police arrived and ruled it unlawful assembly, outraged city and UVA officials condemned Friday's gathering.

"In my 47 years of association with @UVA, this was the most nauseating thing I've ever seen. We need an exorcism on the Lawn," Larry Sabato, director of the University of Virginia Center for Politics tweeted.

2. Jakeenct

Jakeenct Journeyman

It's difficult even for me to grasp but while Trump provides a gateway for these miscreants (and by this I mean breaking the law of "common decency"), Trump himself could care less. Trump , without direction or purpose, provides a vehicle for this sort of demonstration which is what I feared when I witnessed the behavior at his campaign rallies. The worst kind of person to have in charge of anything to do with mankind in a humanitarian way. He cares nothing about anyone but Trump and has demonstrated this over and over as details of his past gain more visibility.

3. jjkrkwood

jjkrkwood Regent

The truth will set you free, and THIS is the truth on display from Trumps supporters. It's about division and hatred, clear and simple. Anyone who feels otherwise is a fool, and the supporters are mindless mutants being led to the slaughter.

topmanram likes this.
  4. pitman

pitman Viscount

Armed militia members marching in Charlottesville today. Virginia is an open-carry state. What could possibly go wrong?

[​IMG]

Lookin likes this.
  5. pitman

pitman Viscount

Trump reacts to Charlottesville hate march

bigvalboy likes this.
  6. pitman

pitman Viscount

[​IMG] CHARLOTTESVILLE, USA - AUGUST 11: Neo Nazis, Alt-Right, and White Supremacists encircle and chant at counter protestors at the base of a statue of Thomas Jefferson after marching through the University of Virginia campus with torches in Charlottesville, Va., USA on August 11, 2017. (Photo by Samuel Corum/Anadolu Agency/Getty Images)
    TIKI TORCH PARADE: White Nationalists, Anti-Semites March On Charlottesville

White Nationalists marching with Polynesian torches?

Kenny, quoththeraven and bigjoey like this.
  7. jjkrkwood

jjkrkwood Regent

Give it a minute, Trump will probably tweet an open invitation to them to The White House ? Hors d'oveures anyone ????

nynakedtop and Oaktown like this.
  8. WilliamM

WilliamM Regent

What does this comment add to the dialogue about the awful events at UVA. Trump is far worse than many people thought possible. We already know it.

9. bigvalboy

bigvalboy Regent

nynakedtop likes this.
  10. jjkrkwood

jjkrkwood Regent

Excuse me William, but noone ever questions the usefulness of your posts, which are often self-indulgent tidbits about YOU that really dont enhance a conversation, AND are usually quite Boring. . You have something to say about Everything, and we respectfully let you. Let others speak without them having to explain to YOU the validity of their post in the thread. It really is quite RUDE and intolerant of you. Although we know the horror of Trump, almost the entire Political forum is related to Trump and his tyrannical administration. If we already know everything about Trump, we should ask Daddy to discontinue the Pol. Forum cause in your mind there is nothing more to say about HIM, that is of course unless YOU say it. Please gurl, dont come for Me !

11. sync

sync Count

Trump knows if he believably condemns the violence, he will lose his 30% base and have nothing.

12. THAT is exactly the problem. We have KKKs and nazis proudly parading their hatred and bigotry in the streets of the Land of the Free, and the President condemns the violence from "many sides", without addressing racism and White Supremacism. Anyway, the situation is still in progress.

quoththeraven and Lookin like this.
  13. Kenny

Kenny Marquess

Trump doesn't condemn the racist white supremacists because Trump is a racist white supremacist.

14. Naw, he does not do it just because it is against his short term interests. He would be a Black Supremacist if more profitable.

adannyboy likes this.
  15. I guess we all are plugged to the news. The Major's speech is so much better than Trump's.

16. Kenny

Kenny Marquess

I disagree. Economic determinism doesn't apply here. Racist white supremacist applies.

nynakedtop and WilliamM like this.
  17. Lookin

Lookin "Bestower of Forgiveness"

Worth remembering, I think, that street violence was a tipping point in Germany in the thirties. It provides the "excuse" for an increase in state powers, as well as the desire for a strongman to control it.

Not often that we're handed the playbook, and even rarer that we refuse to read it.

[​IMG]

18. Kenny

Kenny Marquess

Of 85 fatal US terrorist attacks since 9/11, 23 have been carried out by radical Islamic terrorists, 62 have been carried out by right-wing white terrorists.

19. Worth pondering what Robert E. Lee would think about these rednecks (not helpful, I know, but that is the category in which I put these people). I doubt many of them have read anything about Lee or many other Confederate leaders. And I doubt most of them have any connection to the Confederacy.

20. I am not talking about social processes, I am talking about Trump. White Supremacy requires a level of ideological commitment Donnie is not able to display because it would mean to put an idea over himself.

g56whiz, mike carey, pitman and 2 others like this.