Obama's final Presidential speech

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion & War Issues' started by purplekow, Jan 11, 2017.

1. purplekow

purplekow Regent

Well in 9 days the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and the Rockettes will be lighting up the stage at the inauguration of the next president of the United States. Last night President Obama gave a heartfelt and moving speech which outlined some of the challenges we face as a nation. He did it without doing any impressions. He did it without calling someone a schoolyard name. He did it without bluster. He did challenge all citizens, including mr trump, to move us forward.
    Although I know there will be some here who will disagree, as it is their wont to do so, but I thought President Obama spoke eloquently and substantively and with a justifiable pride in the work that has been done over the last 8 years. He was presidential in demeanor, tone and presence. I have not agreed with him on every issue, but I believe he represented us proudly and well.
    I hope in 4 years, when mr trump makes his final speech as president, that I am able to say the same of him.

2. WilliamM

WilliamM Prince

As important, President Obama never suffered a major scandal during his time in office. Part of that success is due to luck, much more is because of the high quality of people he named to leadership positions in many government agencies and departments as well as the White House.

3. BOZO T CLOWN

BOZO T CLOWN Count

Obama's farewell address longer than Reagan's, Clinton's and George W. Bush's combined
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...-and-george-w.-bushs-combined/article/2611472

• Obama: 51 minutes.
      • Reagan: 21 minutes.
      • Bush: 13 minutes.
      • Clinton: 7 minutes.

Remember Lincoln's Gettysburg address - took 5 minutes. Nobody remembers the windbag that spoke for an hour before President Lincoln. So it is or will be with with Obama - he is so full of himself and so little of what he says has any connection to reality - he will be long forgotten from the world stage in a few months.

There are those who subjected themselves to a tortuous event where Obama waxed on endlessly . . . . and there are the rest of us who found something credible and interesting to watch.
    I believe that BUZZR TV showed a 2-hour block of Match Game reruns at the time.

America Will Be Great Again
    9 days to go

Bozo

BSR likes this.
  4. purplekow

purplekow Regent

I know it must have been annoying for you because of the delay of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and in that you are not prepared for anything to go on for more than a minute or so. It is not surprising that you would condemn and vilify his speech without actually listening to it. What is surprising that you know would use wax, to gain strength and develop and of course endless. So I assume you meant to say that Obama built up strength as it went and that the message will continue to grow. Or did you mean wax, as in wax poetic, to become more beautiful and romantic. Or is it that your vocabulary is waning along with every else?

glennnn and Bearofdistinction like this.
  5. BSR

BSR Viscount

It is shocking to me that liberals aren't just willing to accept White House talking points hook, line & sinker, they then turn around, like obedient little propagandist drones, and disseminate these talking points far and wide. During the Obama-Romney debates, every time Obama scored a zinger, the press room erupted into cheers - "objective" journalism at its finest. Obama "never suffered a major scandal" because the Obama pom-pom girls who self-importantly call themselves journalists moved heaven and earth to protect their Dear Leader. That's the only reason outrages like the Fast & the Furious and the IRS targeting of conservative groups never erupted into "major" scandals.

BOZO T CLOWN likes this.
  6. body2body

body2body Baron

The next major speech by a U. S. President will be Mr. Trump's inaugural address.

7. SundayZip

SundayZip Lord

I am always impressed when President Obama speaks. Whether it's a prepared speech or an impromptu answer at a press conference, he is articulate and his message is well though out. I will miss having an articulate and dignified president.

8. WilliamM

WilliamM Prince

@BSR, Of course, no mention of Trump's "press conference" today, or the delay in several cabinet nominee submitting financial and other information in a timely manner. Whatever problems I may have with Sen. Jeff Sessions I give him credit both for some his answers and his attentions to detail. Rex Tillerson deserves credit as well. For somewhat used to knowing the answers to every question in business, today must have been a minor nightmare; he had very little time to prepare.

9. BOZO T CLOWN

BOZO T CLOWN Count

A farewell sendoff from America's sweethearts, Diamond and Silk:

8 days to go

Bozo

10. BSR

BSR Viscount

In his 51 minute farewell address, Barack referred to himself 71 times.

"If narcissism were oil, this President would be Saudi Arabia."
    - George F. Will

BOZO T CLOWN likes this.
  11. purplekow

purplekow Regent

I would like to thank.... I want to thank... I am lucky to have worked with..... Egomania run wild. And he did not use the word crap which the president elect did in his press conference.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  12. glennnn

glennnn Earl

Agreed, but much of it must surely be attributed to the man himself. He was the President. He set the tone.

13. glennnn

glennnn Earl

Wonder how they will compare?

14. BOZO T CLOWN

BOZO T CLOWN Count

Big bag of hot air that never got off the ground. Good riddance!!! His narcissism is monumental - Only a true narcissist and egomaniac would arrange such a final speech! LOL! This man is the joke of the last decade and he knows it.

Barack Hussein Obama came in with his greatest accomplishment of being a community organizer and leaves with his greatest accomplishment of being a community organizer.

51 minutes long? Why not shorten it by 49 minutes and just sing all 6 stanzas of "How Great I Am"!

8 days to go

Bozo

15. BSR

BSR Viscount

I am mistaken, in his farewell address Obama referred to himself not 71 but 75 times. Also, his speech was longer by almost 10 minutes than those of Reagan, Clinton, and George W. Bush combined. But please, tell me more about Barack Obama's humility.

MikeBiDude likes this.
  16. purplekow

purplekow Regent

And people were enthralled.

pitman and nynakedtop like this.
  17. BSR

BSR Viscount

Of course they were, because with all the police and Secret Service around, it was one of the very rare times that Chicagoans could breathe easy and not fear getting shot.

BOZO T CLOWN likes this.
  18. BOZO T CLOWN

BOZO T CLOWN Count

lol
    +1000

[​IMG]