Small hiccup of no site access a minute ago???

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by azdr0710, May 8, 2017.

1. Charlie

Charlie Peer

It happened to me for the first time around 8:20 this morning PDT.

2. Larstrup

Larstrup Count

Just had the longest outage yet. About 5 minutes.

[​IMG]

3. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Administrator Staff Member

Ya know beating the dead horse with a stick doesn't help.

4. Larstrup

Larstrup Count

Sorry. I wasn't trying to beat anything. I was trying to be helpful. Now that I know you're not interested in any further notifications regarding these breaches, I'll just go on about my own business.

5. Guy Fawkes

Screen shots not helpful unless it's a new one. More useful is a date/timestamp so that I can look it up in the logs. I'm monitoring the log in real time, but I do have to lie down every now and then.

You basically telling someone that their pants are split open over the public address system. Kinda embarrassing.

At this point I've firewalled eight different ip ranges and working on a fail2ban filter to kick these assholes.

Needless to say, I'm not in the best of moods. If I've failed to acknowledge the help it's because I'm tightly focused on solving the problem. Thank-you for your input.

6. Guy Fawkes

BTW: The "Hiccups" at 2am & 4am are normal. One is backing up the database, the other is updating the webalizer data,

honcho likes this.
  7. Larstrup

Larstrup Count

I understand and many thanks for the challenging resolve. Btw, the time stamp on my new screen-shot image, at top: 4:40 pm today was when the event actually happened.

8. Guy Fawkes

I'm assuming 4:40 pm EST. That was:

descr: Wonten Network Ltd.
    descr: Unit 6B,Block E,Sanxiang haishang garden,Dongbin Road,Nanshan District,
    descr: Shenzhen, Guangdong, China​

He's history. That's one of the IP Blocks where I banned 64K addressees. Bad Puppy.

9. Larstrup

Larstrup Count

Yes, EST